Friday, April 6, 2012

Blog #12

           In my argument essay my topic is going to be about college students and the use of alcohol. The thesis of my essay is, "College campuses should ban the use of alcohol because it makes students get distract while being in class and not perform well in their class”.
            The strongest evidence is my claim because if a student attends class while they had inherit alcohol they don't learn the material. If a person attends class in this stage they are not fully prepare and are not going to pay attention. A person who drinks can even fall asleep or not be conscious of what they are doing. As a result, the students can have lower grades because they are not fully integrated to the material being taught. This is my strongest evidence because I explained the negative outcome of what happens when students attend school while they have had alcohol.
            My weakest evidence of my easy would be my rebuttal because I can't really explain the other side of the topic. Even though drinking can cause many problems, it can also help a student relax even they have a stressing day. To make this a stronger part of my essay I can also talk about how not all students limit the amount of alcohol they inherit. The more a person drinks they are more likely to do inappropriate things. Therefore, even though alcohol can help a person relax it can also increase the chances of causing problems while being in college. This is the weakest part of my essay because I can fully develop the idea of my rebuttal. In other words, in my rebuttal I can address different things but I am not sure which one supports my thesis the best

1 comment:

  1. Wait... so college campuses allow the use of alcohol in class? lol

    ReplyDelete