Friday, April 27, 2012

Blog 15: Last Blog


       As the semester comes to an end, writing class has helped me improve my writing skills. Some of my goals at the beginning of the semester, were that I wanted to used strong facts and be able to support them. I described how I wanted to take my writing one step further by explaining things in a more detailed way.  Although, I have made some progress in these things there is much more than I can improve on.  On my essays I noticed that I included strong points and details regarding the subject. But one of my mistakes is that I don’t keep the essays focused. I tend to use details but do not place them in the appropriate paragraph. I can make my essays better by clarifying my ideas and not be redundant.  A goal I have accomplished is that I am able to write strong thesis according to the subject of my essay.  But I can still have to work on relating my points to my thesis and be able to support the thesis I am writing bout. A thing I became better at is doing different writing strategies of how to start an essay. For instance, before I would just start writing but now I take time to make an outline or free write before starting an essay.  I would like to continue to grow as a writer, by writing essays that have a good thesis but is also supported by facts and strong details. Now, I am going to try to question each paragraph I write. In order, to make sure each paragraph is placed where it should be.  Overall, I believe I made progress in writing because each essay I wrote had more positive feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment