Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Blog 11: Patterns of errors


In my writing, I noticed that most of my paragraphs my essays are not well focused. For example, I tend to go off topic when writing essays. I start talking about one thing and end up writing about a different topic. This is an issue on my essays because it makes my essays vague, where I am talking about different subjects. Having unfocused topics makes my essays weak because the body paragraphs don’t tie with the thesis. It is difficult for me to have focused paragraphs because I want to write many things about one subject. This is an error that I repeat constantly, but I am going to read my essays and make them relate to my thesis or essay topic.   
  Another error I make in my writing is that I don’t clarify my sentences and repeat things constantly. For instance, I explain quotes or statements but don’t always make my points clear.  I also don’t explain “why?” in my papers which makes my statements unclear. This type of error makes my papers be redundant where I constantly repeat the words again. I can change this repeated error by questioning every sentence in my essay. The strategy of thinking why I add the a particular sentence in my essay, is going to make me noticed where I don't explain things in details.
 I also noticed in my essays that my thesis are not strong enough or are not specific. When I write essays it’s hard to write my thesis because I tend to make it too wordy. In my thesis, I included words that make my thesis have two different meanings. A thesis describes the main topic of the essays; therefore, I find it difficult to come up with a thesis where I am going to have to relate to it throughout my essays. Even though, I make these mistakes constantly I am going to read my essays multiple times, try not to go off topic, and look for better sentence structure. This is going to make my essays stronger and have my writing focus related to one subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment