The article “Should Obama
Generation Drop-Out” is about how students study a four year bachelor’s degree
in order to find a job. These are usually students who have a stable economy
level or are wealthy. However, there are other students who are looking for
well-paying jobs but don’t have enough resources to accomplish this. The writer
implies that it is good that hiring jobs pay attention to the certification but
it should not be vital to have one. In other words people look for a bachelor’s
degree when hiring a person but do not know if they are preparing for this job.
In the article the writer mentions Obama to show that he is the main authority.
For instance, he is the only one that is able to change things since he is
president. The writer suggest that instead at asking for a bachelor's degree do an evaluation of how they get things done.
I choose this article because it
was the one that caught my attention first. I am the first generation from my
family to attend college. So, this is an issue that I as a student need to be
aware of. This issue is important for me because now in
days it’s hard to find a well paid job and I have to keep on studying to get
the highest degree possible. But I think that there are students that graduate
from prestige universities but don’t have the experience for their career. I
have noticed that there are people who don’t have the proper education but they
do have the capacity to do things that pertain to their jobs. This matters
because hiring people judge a person for a written certification but not for
what they are able to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment