Friday, February 24, 2012

Blog 7: Reflecting on Progress


We are at the midterm of the semester and time has gone fast. Even though I have only done two essays I believe there is much progress I have to make. I was not satisfied with my graded essay therefore, I need keep improving my writing skills. I believe that as a writer I have to learn how to put my ideas together so they can make sense in my essay. I also need help in not jumping from one idea to another in my narrative. What I like about the Writing 1 is working in groups. This helps me get ideas from another point of view and makes it easier to understand things when I am unsure. I believe the peer review works because my peers get to read my essay and give me feedback of the things that are right or wrong. According to my writing blogs I feel that I am doing great. Writing blogs helps me analyze the work that I do during the week in class. A thing that would facilitate my learning process is having more PowerPoint’s presented in class about things to include in essays. This would help me know what types of details or things to include in my essays. Another thing that would be helpful is to analyze an essay as a class according to the type of essay we have to write. By doing this would help because each student is going to get an idea of how to organize their essay. I think my writing process has changed because now I have many writing strategies of what to do before starting an essay. Overall, there is much work that can be done to improve my writing and write better essays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment