Friday, January 27, 2012

Blog 3

     Essays can be distinguish by the way it is written or structured. In other words essays should follow a certain structure depending what the topic is about. What distinguish an A essay from a C essay is the way it is written. In other words a well written essay describes the main ideas in order. Therefore, it is easy for the reader to know what is the meaning of the essay. For example, in a compare and contrast essay one cannot have a paragraph where it goes from one comparison to a contrast about the particular topic. By doing this makes the reader not be able to distinguish the difference between the two things being compared.
     Another thing that makes an A paper better is the details used. It is important to use details to make create a more vivid image of the topic writing about. By using details it makes the reader get a better understanding and be able to picture what the essay is about. For instance, if an essay describes a certain person tone, details help the reader get a better picture of that person and their attitude. An essay that lack of details is not good because without details the writer is not able to prove their point. This makes the reader get confuse about the purpose of the essay.
      Lastly, what distinguish a A essay from a C essay it the type of grammar and punctuation. A C essay has constantly grammatical error. These can be words that are difficult to write or understand. These type of essay also have many run-on sentences or coma-splices. Since the writer just start writing he/she may no pay attention to these mistakes. Rather an A essay is well-written with minor grammar mistakes. The sentence structure is used correctly. Overall, an A written essay has everything need to prove someones point or convey a meaning. Whereas a C essays includes these things but lacks of information.
       The one that is hardest for me is using details in my essays. I find it hard to explain in a depth the meaning I am trying to convey. I also find it hard to used different details because I constantly repeat the same words. I feel that in my essays I don't use enough details to prove my point or explain my topic. I think that I can use more details to take my essays one step further and explain in depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment