Friday, January 13, 2012

NEIU Writing I: Welcome

Of course everyone knows English 101 is a required class that all students have to take in college. In my opinion this class is beneficial to me because I have the opportunity to become a better writer and explore different methods of writing. I have written different types of essays but I want to learn how to write different types of papers. From this class I want to learn how to use dialogue in an appropiate way or have strong facts that support my piece of writing. It is important for me to take this class so I can learn how to explain things in more detailed way. I feel that when I write I don't give a clear thought about my ideas. Therefore, I would like to take my writing one step further by explaining in a more detailed way. One thing that I would like to learn out of this class is to write better compare and contrast essays. These have always been the hardest essays that I have to write because it is diffiuclt to write and explain the similarities of two things. I always jump from one idea to another and don't follow a certain order. Overall, writing is important for me because it is something I practice everyday. This class will help me expand my knowledge in more grammar but also become a better writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment